CustoSec:Check APC UPS
|Basic Information on Check|
|Name of Check||APC UPS||Technical Name||check_snmp_apc_ups|
|Available in||Standard||Number of Arguments||1|
|From Version||ARANSEC 1.2||Compability||All ARANSEC and CustoSec|
Scope of Check
This is a standard check to monitor different UPS Systems (Uninterruptible Power Supply) from APS (American Power Systems). The check is based on the private MIB of APC. The Check delivers bulk information on the status of the APC UPS-System.
Warning and Critical values are fixed and cannot be changed.
For the check to work properly the following requirements must be met:
- The check is configured as a service check on the target host that should be monitored (the UPS).
- SNMP must be activated on the target host (read only and a community name; It is also recommended to allow only the ARANSEC/CustoSec IP-Address to read SNMP information on the host). SNMP can easily be checked by starting a second session in a second browser tab and do a SNMP-Walk from ARANSEC's SNMP-Walk function (bottom entry in the left hand menu).
To configure the check, the following arguments are available:
|Argument No.||Argument Name||Allowed Arguments||Explanation||Examples|
|Arg1||Community||string||Community name for the SNMP agent. It is strongly recommended to change the default community on most systems from "public" to something like "aransec" or "custosec".
Must be entered or check cannot find OID.
Returned Values of the Check
The check returns the following values and information in one single string.
- UPS Model
- Whether agent is communicating with UPS (1)
- Battery capacity (%)
- Temperature (Celsius)
- Battery runtime remaining
- Battery replace indicator (1=OK, 2=Replace)
- Input voltage
- Input frequency
- Reason for last transfer to UPS battery power:
- Output voltage
- Output frequency
- Output load as % of capacity
- Output current in amperes
- Configured voltage
- Last system diagnostic (self test) result
- Last system diagnostic (self test) run date
|OK||In all cases except the following.|
|Warning||In the following cases: |
* SNMP agent not responding
* SNMP OID does not exist
* BATTERY CAPACITY < 50%
* OUTPUT LOAD > 80%
* SELF TEST FAILED
|Critical||in the following cases: |
* RUNNING ON BATTERY
* BATTERY CAPACITY < 25%
* OUTPUT LOAD > 90%
* Battery replace indicator = 2
|Unknown||in the following cases: |
* SNMP agent not communicating with UPS.
- If only single values are to be checked, standard SNMP-Checks are available.