ReportBase:Main Panel and Status Bars
The Main Panel
Once the programme is started, the Main Panel (Administration Utility) will be displayed.
The Main Panel consists of 3 major parts (in the Multi Source Version on HQ-Systems):
- Left top area - "Revolving Reports": Displaying a list of templates for revolving reports
- Left bottom area - "Manual Reports": Displaying a list of templates for manual (not revolving) reports
- Right area - "Available Sources": Displaying a list of sources attached to ReportBase. This area is only available in a multi source environment on HQ-Systems. In the Single Source - version of ReportBase (PlugIn to ARANSEC or CustoSec) this area is not available.
The Main Menu
At the top the main menu with the following entries is displayed:
- File: Main Entries for Login/Logout
- Sources: Access to all functions for managing sources. Please note, this menu is not active for "Manager"-users.
- Templates: Access to all functions for managing templates. Please note, this menu is not active for "Manager"-users.
- Cockpit: Access to all functions for managing tactical overviews (cockpits). Please note, this menu is not active for "Manager"-users.
- Tools: Access to various management functions for ReportBase. Those are available to "Manager"-users and others are available to other users.
- Log: Different Log Files.
- Help: Access to Help and Information
The Status Bars
At the bottom of the page 2 status bars are displayed.
The first status bar has one field on the right showing the number of active users. Clicking on it will show a list of all logged in users. This feature is related to the broadcast system (see Broadcast).
The second status bar provides "one glance"-information on the selected (active) sources (left of the round button) and main settings of ReportBase (right of the round button). The entries are (from left to right):
- Time of Source: The local time of the selected (active) source
- Date of Source: The local date of the selected (active) source
- Time zone of Source: The name of the time zone of the selected (active) source
- Name of Source: The name of the selected (active) source
- Remarks of Source: The remarks of the selected (active) source
- Round Button: Indicates application refresh from database
- Display Language: Showing the set display language (see Menu:Tools - Properties)
- Logged in User: The user name you are logged in with
- Data Collection Interval: The set interval for Data Collection in seconds
- Local time: The local time on the system where ReportBase is running
- Local Date: The local date on the system where ReportBase is running